2014年6月14日土曜日

CALL Literary Reaction Journal 4

Reaction to the Live and Work

Ⅰ. Summary

This story I chose to summarize is Live and Work. The main character of this story is the father who is hardworking man. he worked and studied very hard because he wanted to provide his family with the best money could buy. so the father spent all his evenings for them. But his wife and three children wanted to spent many times with him. When the family moved new home, the father decided to spend his times for his family. Unfortunatery, he died for overwork.

Ⅱ. Reacion

1.Motif

The motif of this story is "the love to family". The father's point of view and the another family's point of view are different. The father thought "the love to family" is working hard and getting much money for more comfortable life. But the anather family thought "the love to family" is spending more times with all families.

2.Metapher

"whenever  the family complained that he was not spending enough time with them, he raesoned that he was doing all this for them." I think this sentence shows misunderstanding between the father and the wife and three children.

3.Denouement

He was a hardworking man but he changed his mind. He noticed the most important thing for his family, and he dicided to spent more times with his family. But finally, he died for overwork.

4.General opinion

I think the most important thing in our life is not more comfortable life. It is precious persons life. If my precious person died, It would be difficult to live for me. When I read this story, I was very sad. If someone die, we couldn't never talk to him/her, meet him/her, spend times him/her. So I want to cherish the time spending with my precious person.


6 件のコメント:

  1. Hello Momoka,

    This LRJ is for the most part well done. Thank you very much. I have one reservation with this post with regard to your discussion of Metaphor. You talk about a misunderstanding between the man and his family, but what is the misunderstanding a metaphor of? Please reconsider the meaning of metaphor.

    返信削除
    返信
    1. Hallo Mr. Hosins. Thank you for reading my LRJ4. Sorry, I wanted to show the different of thinking between the father and the wife and three children. But thank you for pointing out my mistake!

      削除
  2. Hello, Momoka!
    I read your LRJ4. I think your LRJ4 very nice. And, I think that the life of the person is important, too.

    返信削除
    返信
    1. Hi Yuko. Thank you for reading my LRJ4! You try to read this story, and I want to know your opinion.

      削除
  3. I read your blog.Your summary is very nice!I agree with your opinion.I think your expression is very nice!

    返信削除
    返信
    1. Hi Yuna. Thank you for reading my LRJ4. whem I read this story, I can think about important of family. If you read this story, I want to know your opinion.

      削除