2014年5月14日水曜日

CALL Reading Reaction Journal 2

Reaction to How Do I Love Thee

Ⅰ.Summary

The poem I chose to summarize is How Do I Love Thee by Elizabeth Barrett Browning. The tipe of this poem seem to be lyric poetry because it seems to write his feelings.

Ⅱ.Reaction

1.Imagery

This is thinking about how do I love thee. How to love which elizabeth Barrett Browning shows is different. Especially, we are gave very holy image by "most quiet need, by sun and candlenight."

 2.Rhyme

In first paragraph, I think "depth" and "breadth", "height" are used as a rhyme. i think also "everydat's" and "praise" or "candlenight" and "Right" are used as a rhyme in second paragraph.

3.Connotation

I think the loyal sentiment for a god is expressed by "I shall but love thee better after death." I also think it seems to try to express the image of religion.

4.General Opinion

I think it shows a wish by "I love thee with the breath, Smiles, tears, of all my life!" I want to understand better, and I want you to try to read this poem, and have your own opinion.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿